Tuesday, March 15, 2005

This is my first blog ever

I also created a blog because I really need to write better. It's scary when I look back at a bunch of my old essays and high school newspaper articles and think it is Pulitzer material compared to what I'm doing now. I feel like everything post-1997 (college graduation) has been endless Writer's Block. And for those of you doing the math, I'll save you a headache. I'm 30.

I'm in Marketing now and need to write more to stimulate my brain. In my last job I didn't get the chance to write as much as I wanted to. I wrote some articles for the agency newsletter, but articles on how sucky our softball team was or how much money was donated to send our receptionist to Haiti wasn't among the stuff I wanted to show-off. So here I am.

Do bloggers announce what they'll blog about? I've never blogged before so I'm not sure what the rules are (prepare to educate me). But I'm sure (and I could be breaking rule #1 here) I'll be inspired by horrible drivers (am I the only woman who hates woman drivers?), pet peeves (please cover your mouth when you cough), and other things that either fascinate or annoy the crap out of me.

If all else fails, anyone wanna know how much it took to send the old receptionist to Haiti?

No comments: