Thursday, March 17, 2005

Ohhhh... Chantico

When Starbucks was first introduced in my neighborhood, I swore I would never be "one of them." Those people who wear tweed jackets over turtlenecks with Lisa Loeb glasses. Acting like the caffeinated elite. Please. No. I would never be like that.

I have always been a Dunkin Donuts girl. Starbucks was too difficult for me. Just give me a medium regular. That is how you order coffee. Who needs to wait in line behind a double-skim-half-caf-mocha-espresso-latte order. Especially someone like me, who needs their morning coffee in order to function properly... or at all, actually.

But then I found out that I can get a mint mocha frosty drink in the form of a Frappuccino. Who needs iced coffee when I can have a shake?! Okay, summer drink. Winter will be Dunks (when you're from the Northeast, you abbreviate everything) and summer will be Starbucks. I technically wasn't moving over to the other side. Winter is a longer season anyway.

So have you heard about their newest drink? Chantico. It is like drinking a chocolate bar. A chocolate bar dipped in chocolate. And then melted and poured into your cup. Warm and smooth. Of course it can't wake me up in the morning like my trusty Medium Regular. But it's a good reason to get out my old Lisa Loeb glasses.

3 comments:

Mad Housewife said...

My Starbucks addiction is white chocolate mochas and coffee frappuccinos. Mmm...Yummy! Haven't tried the Chantico yet but will next time. Doesn't it come with a dipping cookie-type thing?

Jodi said...

No dipping cookie. Just the drink. They only serve it in a 6 oz cup because it's so sweet and rich.
Mint mocha frappuccino's have become my addiction.

christelpistol said...

OH no.... they snared another one.