Thursday, March 17, 2005

Things That Make Me Go Hmmm...

I work in a small office building and yesterday there were two people here in the afternoon. Me (who works on the top floor) and one of the graphic designers who works on the bottom floor. Mind you, there are only three floors in this building. So I'm typing away and all of a sudden I heard the floor creak. And I know it wasn't him coming upstairs because he is a big man, and my office is right next to the staircase. I know when he is on the staircase. Doesn't that freak you out? One night I was half asleep and I heard a similar creak in my hallway. If I am here, and my husband is next to me, and we don't have any kids, why is there a creak in the hallway? Like when you're watching TV in the den and you hear something in the hall closet fall. Did some big gust of wind just happen to blow through the closet? It's weird. It really freaks me out. Makes me want to sleep with one eye open.

Why is Mikayla Gordon still on American Idol? I know gazillions of message boards and blogs are probably asking the same question, but come on! I'm sure she is a nice person, and I wish her all the best, but she really needs to go back to Vegas. When Ryan told her she had to wait the 3 minutes for the commercial break, her reaction made me want to call and vote for Lindsey again and again during those 3 minutes just to give Lindsey the extra votes. I wonder if people are voting for Mikayla just to be funny. Remember years ago when MTV had it's VJ contest and everyone who won the contest were clearly the worst of the two? Jesse Camp beat out Dave Holmes, and the weird guy Ryan beat out that normal girl, the blond. I can't believe I remember that. But what if this year, the voting is just a big joke!

I don't think the sun should set until after 7:00 at night. There is a stretch of road when I am driving home from work when the sun is at it's brightest and is staring straight into my eyes. No amount of sun visor or sunglasses will dim the light enough to make me see more than five feet in front of me. It's really annoying.

Why is Hootie and the Blowfish doing Burger King commercials? If they wanted to jumpstart their career again, why not go on Surreal Life, which by the way, is the funniest reality show this year. Who knew a drunk Mini Me could be so entertaining. And who knew Peter Brady would turn out so charmingly hot!

After re-reading this, I realize what a completely random and pointless blog this is. But I'm out of ideas now.

1 comment:

Mad Housewife said...

No, this blog does not "suck". I think it's interesting and look forward to reading more.