Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Things I Want To Do Before I Die

The Today Show is having a contest. Tell them what you want to accomplish before you die, and maybe you'll get a chance to do it. This would be my list.

Stand outside the Today Show window (while we're on the subject).
Rack up $5,000 on my credit card without knowing how or when I will pay it off.
Travel through Europe.
Catch a home run at a baseball game—even if it’s just batting practice.
Drive cross-country without a map.
Throw a kick-ass dinner party for everyone I know.
Visit Australia.
Go on a safari.
Gallop a horse along a beach.
Be a guest voice on The Simpsons.
Light a fire using only sticks.
Buy a round for a packed bar.
See the 7 Wonders of the World.
Start a custard pie fight.
Break a world record.
Swim with dolphins.
Meet my favorite celebrity.
Climb a mountain.
Take a Ferrari for a test drive.
Do a striptease.
Stay up all night long, and watch the sun rise.
Go to a major sporting event (Olympics, Superbowl, etc.)
Touch an iceberg.
Take a trip in a hot air balloon.
Watch a meteor shower.
Bet on a winning horse.
Start a food fight.
Have my portrait painted.
Take a pottery class.
Skydive.
Visit all 50 states.
Be a member of the audience in a TV show.
Send a message in a bottle.
Learn a musical instrument.
Sit on a jury.
Dance with a stranger in a foreign country.
Milk a cow.
Sing karaoke.
Start a business.
Ride a Unicycle.
Take a martial arts class.
Be in a movie (if only as an extra).
Make cookies from scratch.
Win first prize in a costume contest.
Ride a gondola in Venice.
Be on television news programs as an "expert."
Learn a new language.
Follow my favorite singer on tour.
Walk the Golden Gate Bridge.
Win money on a T.V. game show.
Have my picture in the newspaper.
Change someone's mind about something I feel strongly about.
Learn to parasail.
Have a booth at a street fair.

3 comments:

Mad Housewife said...

You've never sang karaoke?!?!? Aw, honey, you don't know what you're missing. Get a few raspberry kamikazes in me, and i'll show you how it's done.

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Don't take this the wrong way but most of these are very acheivable. You could get many of them done in the next two weeks. Give it a go Jodi.

Jodi said...

Maybe I should change it to, "Sing karaoke and remember it the next day." I once sang a Meatloaf song a million years ago, but don't remember much of it.

And so much of what I wrote I don't have the time or money for, so two weeks is out of the question. Hence the line, "Before I die."