Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Green is the ugliest color. I like pink or blue.

Is there anyone in the world who is not jealous of another person? Even the rich and famous wish to be able to walk into a store by themselves and not have cameras flashing with every turn.

I met Forrest Whittaker once. About a million years ago, he came into the CVS I worked in to buy diapers. One of the cashiers gushed over him and asked who the diapers were for. He looked uncomfortable, like his recognizable face wouldn't be so identifiable at a drugstore late at night. Earl Woods on the other hand, loved the attention. Tiger Woods father once came into the same CVS, and into my checkout line. It was around the time Tiger Woods was first becoming a household name and the image of Earl and his son hugging after Tiger won was replayed all over the TV. I told him that he looked familiar and he asked who I thought he was. I told him I didn't want to guess in case I was wrong. He egged me on and I told him and he seemed thrilled that he was recognized.

I think if I could be anyone famous, I would be a folk singer, like Joni Mitchell or Tori Amos. I would have my own faithful following but without the scandals and rumors or paparazzi.

No comments: