Saturday, March 26, 2005

Dreaming...

I have to go buy more paint.

I have two dream dictionaries I bought a million years ago when I was into it. Really into it. Now they just collect dust on a bookshelf until I have an odd dream and pull them out.

Last night I dreamed that I went to a family reunion, but I remember seeing both sides of my family there. And it was at a house where we had to help work on the basement (painting, drywall, etc.) so I had to put my sneakers on, but didn't know which socks to wear. I think I went through about 5 different pairs of socks. And my cousin was there. Except that he wasn't my "real life" cousin. He was the guy who was kicked off the Apprentice a while back. Danny, the one who played guitar. Except in my dream his name was Michael.

That got me thinking about dream interpretation. I am in the process of recarpeting and painting my basement. So of course, that made sense. But Danny? And who is Michael? And what's with the socks? It did remind me that I needed to buy paint. But my basement reminds me of that every day.

I once had a dream where I ran over two birds. They were still alive so I put them onto towels in my mother's linen closet and cared for them and tried to get them back to health. They eventually died. I looked up that dream in a dictionary and it said that I would have both good luck financially, but I will get some news that will worry me. That dream was several months ago and I have not gotten a raise, won the lottery, or heard troublesome news. Or maybe what was troublesome was that I just killed two birds (Aha! But I didn't use a stone.)

I think I need coffee.

2 comments:

Mad Housewife said...

I know I dream all the time because I'll remember that I was dreaming, but I hardly ever remember what they were about. I go through spells. Sometimes I'll remember everything for a while, but most of the time I don't remember. Like last night I had a dream and remembered it as soon as I woke up, but I couldn't tell you what it was about now.

I'm going to start writing them down and put them on my blog if I can remember. Thanks for inspiring me to do that.

John Holland said...

Hey,
Feel free to post a link to my blog on yours. Can I do the same? (If I can figure out how to, I'm still new to all this blogging thing.) I tried the picture thing and it didn't work. As you can tell if you read my blog recently, I'm not having too much luck with anything on this computer lately.
Buffy is a mutt. I got her from the pound, when she was about a month old. The vet says she might have some lab or german shepard in her. She's really a very sweet nice even tempered dog, never got mean with anyone. She is a medium size dog, about 60 pounds. In one of my first posts, from Feb I have a pic of her.
I never remember my dreams...or I should say mostly I never remember them. I know I dream,but when I wake up I never remember them. Except for some reason, last night, I dreamt about work and it was terrible, I was doing everything wrong, and the boss hated me and things just kept getting worse and worse. Strange that I remembered it, I can't remember the last dream I recalled on waking. And things are going great at work, so I have no idea what it means.
Sorry for going on so long here. Hope you had a good Easter.
John