Thursday, March 24, 2005

Things that piss me off...

I wish I could hire a skywriter and post the following for all the world to see. It might just help in the quest for peace on earth:

Please do not apply make-up while you are driving. You look fine.

The coffee you buy on your way into work should not be allowed to taste anything but delicious. Having burnt-tasting coffee first thing in the morning sucks.

If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seatie. 'Nuff said.

Nobody owns the world. Don't act like you do.

'You are' is you're, not your. 'They are' is they're, not their or there.

If you know you're going to be putting a basket of bread on my table in a restaurant, let the pads of butter thaw out a little bit beforehand. Don't serve me ice cold butter. Butter is supposed to be spread, not chopped.

Left lane is for passing. If I creep up behind you it means move over. Same goes for the escalator.

Finish what you're eating before you call me.

The 5-letter word that every driver should know the meaning of: M E R G E

No matter how many emails you forward, you will not win $1,000,000 dollars from Bill Gates, a pretty picture will not appear on your screen, nor will you win any other fabulous cash and prizes. Got that, mom and dad?

Cover your mouth when you cough and sneeze, please.

You really don't know how to run this country better. If you were put in the Oval Office tomorrow, you really think you'd be able to resolve every one of our issues? Seriously.

The less clothes you wear, the trashier you look. And just because they make it in your size doesn't mean you should wear it.

Telling a racial or off-color remark and calling it a joke doesn't make you funny. It makes you ignorant.


Okay, I'm done. Feel free to add your own.

4 comments:

Mad Housewife said...

Similar to my 'Things That Bug Me' list...Awesome!

I agree with everything you said and a whole lot more.

Rednecks who answer the phone "yellow" instead of "hello" piss me off.

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

People who don't vote and moan about the state of things.

Fat people who wear clothes too small for them.

Ignorance as an excuse for stupidity.

I could go on...

christelpistol said...

the hardest word in the english language: PLEASE

also, say "bless you" or some other acknowledgement when someone sneezes.

AND finally, people who work behind counters/windows/cash registers have RED BLOOD TOO. please treat them as humans, not robots.


and, end rant.

John Holland said...

Hey,
Thanks for the advice, but where do i get the link to the photo? What I thought was the link doesn't work....I told you me and computers don't get along. On a side note, I like your blog.

John