Friday, December 30, 2005

A Year of Ramblings ...

Granted, I started this blog in March, so we're not quite at the anniversary yet, but since it'll be January in 2 days, I figured I'll be nostalgic and look back at my year (okay, 9 months) of blogging.

I started out praising the Chantico (still do!) and rallying against OPC. I opened my husband's eyes up to another world. I realized how much public information I could find out when my neighbor's dog decided he liked to defecate on my lawn more than anywhere else. I got knocked up and laid off. What a pretty good year.

I'm not much into making resolutions. I have no idea if I even made any last year, that's how much I take them seriously. I still need to go to the gym more often. I still need to save and invest more than I have been. I still need to keep in touch more often. I still need to be less stubborn. And I still need to do everything else that is a typical resolution. But I'm not resolving to make changes because when the year is over, I'll either feel bad that I didn't keep the resolutions, or be where I am today - unsure if I made any in the first place.

I do hope that at this time next year, I will have found a job, I will be able to say that my daughter is happy and healthy, and that those around me are too. And that the trailer that has been the focal point of the view outside my bedroom window will be a thing of the past.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

BD said...

Happy New Year...

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

It's been a pleasure!