Friday, July 15, 2005

Birds of Paradise, aka Neighbor Update!

I saw a dove on Wednesday. My mother and I were at the house on the Cape and while enjoying the weather on the deck, we saw a dove walking in the backyard. I asked, "Does this mean something peaceful is about to happen?" Black cats crossing your path are meant to bring bad luck, right? I could only assume that doves crossing your path bring peace.

I forgot about the bird until I came home a few hours later. My mother was pulling into my street when lo and behold, we saw furniture on the sidewalk in front of the neighbors house, waiting for trash pick-up. And one of those huge driveway-length trash receptacles in the driveway, almost filled. And the windows open! (Though I do question how long it would take to air the house out since no air has gotten in there in a year.)

This must mean that they got their insurance reimbursement. Could they be done by the end of the summer? I wouldn't think they'd stall and risk another winter in that thing. I can't even imagine having a trailer-less view from my bedroom window. I forgot what that was even like!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Yippeee! That's great news. Congrats! We have a dove's nest on the light on the front of our house... so good things must be coming. :)

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

YAY!

*does a dance in his pants*

Quycksilver said...

i get doves walking around on my balcony from time to time, but no peace do they bring. They just drive my poor cats CRAZY!

V. good news about the neighbors!
Happy!

kris said...

Yeah! I love good news! :)

Mad Housewife said...

*shakes her booty and does back-flips*