Thursday, April 21, 2005

I Have Yogurt in My Hair

I slowly peeled off the aluminum cover of my yogurt this morning and it spit in my face. No, not my face - my sweater, a drop on my skirt, and in my hair. I am so in need of this vacation. Not just because of the yogurt, but because of the days leading up to the yogurt.

The office network went down this week. Monday and Tuesday we were left with no email, no internet, no server. About 80% of what I do involves some sort of online connection (Internet, UPS Shipments, etc) so without it, all I was able to do was file.

Last night I went to a barbecue (it reached 85 in Boston yesterday - wahoo!) Their house is on a very narrow unpaved road. As I backed out to leave last night, I hit a few reflector posts. It didn't scratch as bad as I thought it would, but still a little nerve-wracking to worry about a car as your driving it home.

I do celebrate a holiday this weekend and it'll be the first holiday without a family dinner. And it's also our first anniversary and it just comes at the perfect time. I just need to get away. You know that feeling? You look out your office window more than you look at the office computer... You go into a bookstore to peruse the travel section and you don't have any trips planned.

Granted it's only Vermont and not anywhere adventurous or tropical, but it's still a getaway nonetheless. With everything from hiking and horseback riding to wineries and ferries along Lake Champlain to Ben & Jerry's and Vermont Teddy Bear tours, we'll have much to do and see.

If you are now in the mood to live vicariously through another traveler, mosey on over to
Jodi's blog and read all about her trip to Italy a few weeks ago (you'll have to scroll down a bit, but make sure you don't miss the pic for the worst haircut.) Jodi's blogs are very lighthearted and witty and always interesting.

5 comments:

Quycksilver said...

I know that feeling--well, feelings: both the yogurt in hair and the "I need a vacation!" Glad to hear you have a getaway in the works . . . as for the yogurt, well, it happens to the best of us. Have a great trip!

Jodi said...

thanks Jodi! (for the mention of my blog.) I love Vermont and am insanely jealous that you get to go this weekend. I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing time. BTW, I totally do that same thing in the travel book section. Vacations are the best. Happy anniversary too!

Mad Housewife said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Enjoy your trip. It doesn't matter that it's 'just Vermont' as you put it. Look where hubby and I went - freakin' Oklahoma City - about an hour and 15 minutes from here. It doesn't have to be some place fantastical as long as you're together. :)

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Yogurt Blues...

Mad Housewife said...

Have you got the yogurt out yet? Have you tried shampoo?

I wished you a Happy Anniversary on my blog. You'll have to scroll way down to see it. I've started my blog novella already. I hope you had a lovely weekend with your hubby!