Tuesday, April 05, 2005

27 Tidbits About Yours Truly...

1. I love to laugh. Dry wit is a great thing.
2. I'm very sarcastic when I'm in a bad mood.
3. When I was 4, I was stung by a bee and now the sight of any insect in the bee/hornet/wasp family gives me the Heebee Jeebees.
4. I am a huge fan of Rachael Ray, who hosts two shows on the Food Network.
5. I love to cook.
6. I am not a huge fan of those Burger King commercials where the Burger King with the freakishly large head shows up in weird places (a bed, outside a window...) The commercials would only be realistic if the people he greets were to drop kick him and call the police.
7. I could never be bored around a child.
8. I love the smell of fresh laundry and burning firewood.
9. I'm a fan of reality TV, though I refuse to watch Survivor, the Bachelor, or anything that starts with "Who Wants to Marry..." or ends with ..."Swap."
10. Tom Hanks and Jack Nicholson are my favorite actors. Natalie Portman and Gwyneth Paltrow are my favorite actresses. I think Tim McGraw is the sexiest man alive.
11. I am a fan of all types of music - country, rock, jazz, and oldies. Coldplay would be my favorite band.
12. The house I grew up in is going up for sale in a few weeks and I'm not over it yet. Happy that my parents are happy to retire, but sad that it's the end of an era.
13. The first concert I ever saw was New Kids on the Block in 1990, well before they were popular. They did an anti-drug concert at a local high school auditorium outside of Boston.
14. When I was 15, I went to Russia as a Student Ambassador with the People to People program. It was the most eye-opening experience I have ever had, so far..
15. When I was 19, I went on two dates with who I later discovered was a fugitive from the NH State Prison system. I didn't know he was a fugitive until after the fact and when he called me the last time, I told him I knew and that my phone was probably bugged. It wasn't.
16. Weird. There is a hornet buzzing outside my window and I can't stop watching it.
17. I'm starting a side business as a wedding coordinator.
18. I am a pop-culture fanatic.
19. I'm redecorating my house and am now addicted to paint and all websites home decorating/improvement-related.
20. I sing out loud in my car. And if it's a song I love, I belt it.
21. Someone just told me that there is a hornet's nest around the corner from my window. Wonderful.
22. My birthday is September 11.
23. I am a child of the 80's and I still think it was the greatest decade. Best movies, best music.
24. I was told that I am the best auntie. And I believe it!
25. My living room sofa is the most comfortable sofa in all the land.
26. I'm a huge Red Sox fan.
27. I have no tolerance for bad drivers or rude people.
28. I am still fascinated by this hornet...

6 comments:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Good stuff but you're joking about the 80's aren't you?

Mad Housewife said...

either I totally agree with you, or the opposite is my style.

Oh, and Jude Law is the sexiest man alive. Wash out your eyeballs girl!

Jodi said...

Jude Law can't fill out a black t-shirt and blue jeans like Tim can...

Mad Housewife said...

who said Jude Law had to have clothes on???

Jodi said...

Hi Jodi,
I'm Jodi and am in marketing/communications too and have never known anyone even close to my age (26) with the name Jodi spelled correctly. So, as you can imagine, I was very excited to find your blog through Dan Renzi's blog. I was even more excited to be entertained by your posts. Also, I just saw a woman applying makeup while driving on my way to work this morning and I wanted to scream. A skywriter is a great idea!
Cheers!

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

And then there were 2 Jodi's...