Thursday, May 12, 2005

The Gift of Chocolate

I just bought my sister-in-law some chocolate at Hilliards for her birthday. When you need to buy any type of chocolate gift for anyone, you go to Hilliard's. When you first open the door, the sweet scent that welcomes you into the store tells you that you might be walking out with more than you intended to buy. Everything is homemade, and it is as tasty and comforting as it looks. As tasty and comforting as you want it to be.

On weekends they have samples of fudge on the shelf on top of the fudge case. I've never bought any though. If it's in my house, I will eat it in one sitting. I could do that. I'm not much into fudge anyway. My favorite are those half-dipped cashews. You could choose nuts half-dipped in white chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate. I get a mix of all three.

Because the scent of the store subliminally forces you to buy more, I bought my niece a "Congratulations" chocolate bar because she pooped on the potty for the first time.

And of course I gave into to temptation and bought some treats for myself.

5 comments:

Mad Housewife said...

Never had Hillard's candy, never even heard of it until now. If I want something special and decadent I go into the Godiva boutique. I LOVE the chocolate dipped fruit, especially the strawberries. And my favorite chocolate is dark chocolate of course. If I ever get up to New England in this lifetime I'll find a Hillard's...I'll go to the site reference you have indicated and see where the nearest store is located.

Mad Housewife said...

Just checked. The nearest Hillard's is up there by you. Ha! Ha! Bummer.

Jodi said...

It's worth the trip.

Jodi said...

mmm. thanks for making my mouth water. must go find chocolate...

Quycksilver said...

there was this candy store back in PA (Betsey Ann's)that my mom used to visit to buy chocolate covered strawberries for my grandma--boy were those yummy--I always got to have one! Damn. . . Now I'm stuck with an impossible craving!