Sunday, February 26, 2006

Home Stretch

Dear Baby,

I realize that there are only 10 weeks left on your lease. I hope the accommodations that I have provided you in the past 7 months or so have been adequate. Free room and board, plenty of food and nutrition, no loud or sudden noise to disturb you, and enough time to sleep. Who could ask for better living conditions?

That being said, I understand how you might think that since you'll be moving out soon, you feel that you can throw my schedule into disarray. Don't get me wrong. The seven months that you have been in my life have been fantastic. You haven't caused me to be sick or achy. Even daddy has noticed. He proudly told my doctor that he was impressed how good it's been and how little I've complained. And I owe it all to you. But now that you're getting bigger and it's getting close to the time we should meet face to face, I thought we should have a talk.

Now that you're getting bigger, I know it's sometimes fun to stay up all hours of the night. But honey, mommy has to go to work in the morning. You know I love it whenever you move around, but if you feel something hard when you kick, please don't think it's a wall that will crumble if you keep kicking hard enough. It's my ribcage, and it isn't going anywhere. So please stop trying to tear it down.

Same goes for my bladder.

Love,
Mommy

P.S. Daddy thanks you for your sudden yearning for onion rings and french fries.

3 comments:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

I like letters to babies.

I wish I was a baby.

Duke_of_Earle said...

I hope you'll print and save this for the little one to read later on. Thoughts like these will be treasured in later years.

John

kris said...

Oh no. Is that what this onion ring craving means?!?!?