Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Sanity

I'm back to work and feeling great, atleast better than I did during the time the last post was written.

My Benefits dept called me about 3 weeks ago and told me that the 8 weeks leave I was originally planning was now 6 weeks. Apparently, the woman who was handling my leave was confused. So my leave was cut short and I've been back to work for a little over a week. I'm considering it a blessing in disguise given that I would still be going stircrazy had I still been home.

I was talking to a friend the other day who is a mother of a one-year old. We were comparing war stories and I noticed that when she mentioned how much she loved being a mother but hated her pregnancy, I was realizing how much I loved the pregnancy, but hated the last 6 weeks. I love being a mother, and I love this little girl with every ounce of my being, but sometimes my love for all things mommy was overshadowed by all things frustration. And I noticed how different I was in that I had no seperation anxiety in going back to work. I left the house at 7:30 with a spring in my step and without a tear in my eye. I'm finding myself missing her during the day and devoted to her when I get home, but leaving in the morning is so easy.

4 comments:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Keep your head up and your heart positive.

Mad Housewife said...

I know what you're going through. I went through it twice. My kids, at ages 4 and almost 2, are driving me bonkers on a daily basis. Just wait until she gets older and starts talking back.

kris said...

No apologies needed for sharing your true feelings with us. That is what we are here for!

Have you ever read any blogs from fellow moms? Check out the archives of amalah.com. Motherhood with honesty and humor. :)

Anonymous said...

Are you coming back to blog soon?