Wednesday, September 28, 2005

You'll Have To Say That Again

So I have something that has been distracting me lately. I can't tell you what just yet because I am that superstitious. And because I'm a little nervous about the whole thing. It's amazing how something totally controls your mind, leaving you little concentration to focus much on anything else.

I have the attention span of a young puppy. I'll start to say something, take a sip of whatever I am drinking, or even cough or sneeze, and then forget what I was even talking about.

One of the qualities I was most proud of having in my last job was my ability to remember everything. A client could call me for the smallest task or the simplest question, and if I didn't speak to them again until they called again 5 months later, I'd remember their situation vividly. Not anymore. My recall is shot.

But oddly enough, dreams I remember. I've been having really weird dreams. One night I had a dream that I was running from Saddam Hussein (a kinder, gentler Saddam, but still somewhat dangerous.) Another night I dreamed that I visited my brother at his new job for Reebok and all the employees were dressed to the nines, except that they were all wearing Reeboks. I thought that I could never work for Reebok because I wouldn't want to dress up everyday, but the idea of wearing sneakers was tempting. My brother doesn't work for Reebok. I have no idea where that came from.

Last night, two bloggers were in my dream. I don't want to reveal any names for fear of freaking certain people out, but here is how the dream went. We lived in an apartment complex that was laid out like a college campus and I was on the phone with one blogger and asked this person if they could babysit. They lived on the other side of the complex and I couldn't give them directions to where I lived because I had no idea where my building was in relation to theirs. I went outside and asked the first person I saw (who happens to be the other blogger) if they knew, and since they did, got on the phone and gave the first blogger directions to my building.
These symptoms are expected I guess.

4 comments:

Duke_of_Earle said...

Well, gee, Jodi...

I'm not sure if I'd WANT to be either one of those bloggers you dreamed about. I don't really want to babysit, and I don't know where you live either. No! Don't tell me! It's OK.

I CAN relate about your recall being shot. Someone shot mine, too, and I don't remember who it was or when.

As for me being good, well, THAT isn't too likely, but pics of foliage would be great if you could post some!

Good to have you back posting again. I kept stopping by but there wasn't anything more recent than Sept. 13.

John

Quycksilver said...

sounds like congratulations are in order, unless I'm completely misreading your post and am just out in left field again . . .

I'm superstitous too, in fact, I'm convinced that the fact that I didn't change my shirt from the Irish football jersey to the steeler t-shirt on sunday (the irish team lost) is solely responsible for my steelers loss.

Anyway, I'm sending you good thoughts from CA. Glad to see you back again.
:)

Quycksilver said...

Oh, and I should say too, if in the name of superstition (or privacy), you want to delete my last comment, I won't be offended at all.
:)

jewelry boxavenue said...

Greetings! Very helpful advice on this article! It is the little changes that make the biggest changes. Thanks a lot for sharing.

Regards:

jewelry boxes