Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Holidays Come Early

What better way to share the "wealth" than with others, right?

A few posts ago, I mentioned how ridiculous the ongoing rain and lack of sunshine has become. Remember? And I mentioned that rainfall is said to be a sign of good luck. And then I mentioned at the end of the post that if I happened to come across any good fortune, then I'll be sure to send a little your way. Remember? "A promise is a promise," as Nicholas Cage said to Bridget Fonda in It Could Happen To You.

No, I didn't win the NY Lottery.

I work for a small marketing firm. And I got something in the mail from one of the companies we used to deal with. Apparently, the person who was in this position before me ignored the brochures that kept being sent from this company because upon opening their latest brochure, I came across a little bit of excitement in the form of a balance. For each dollar spent with this company, she was racking up points. Points that can be redeemed for gift cards to many fantastic websites. Because she is gone and I am here, these points are mine, apparently to spend as I wish.

Ken chose a gift card to LL Bean. I chose a gift card to Red Envelope. I also ordered one from Staples, since I feel a little guilty not spending some on the office. Family will be questioned on Thanksgiving when I show them the brochure.

And since a promise is a promise, what would you like? I'm offering a gift card only to those bloggers whose blogs I read and who of course read my Ramblings... in return and respond with your words of wisdom and humor on an ongoing basis. You know who you are. If you're not sure, ask.

Your choices:

$25 Williams-Sonoma
$35 LL Bean
$40 Staples
$25 Red Envelope
$25 Sharper Image

If you wish, email me (listed in profile) with your address and choice and I'll leave a comment in your blog that I got the email, just to confirm that it is actually you who emailed me. The company will send it to me, and I'll send it along to you. This means that delivery will probably take about 3 weeks.

With a baby on the way and a sudden need to replace a dishwasher that broke last night, it makes me pretty happy that I'm able to give some gifts that don't require opening my wallet.

5 comments:

Duke_of_Earle said...

Well, congratulations! You deserve the points, AND the gift cards! Get YOURSELF something nice, and enjoy it!!

That's an order.

John

Jodi said...

I already got my Red Envelope gift card and I can't WAIT to use it.

And I'm serious. I have a lot of points, so they'll be wasted if not spent. If you want something let me know.

kris said...

I agree with Duke. You spend these on yourself - pretty soon you will be spending all your money and attention on the little one. Splurge a little! ;)

Jodi said...

I have plenty of points racked up for myself, all of you, and pretty much the entire East Coast. No need to worry about that.

A few people have already put orders in. Come on, be a follower.

kris said...

If they aren't gone by Christmas, I'll take one. ;)